We are looking for a PHP developer with strong problem-solving skills. This position will play a key role in the continued development of Sourcetoad’s flagship product, which has real life impact on tens of thousands of people per year.
We are not monolithic. You would be an important part of Sourcetoad; this is not a cog-in-a-wheel kind of place. We’re an interesting mix of laid-back and professional. We have tried to make this as nice of a place to work as possible, with top of the line tools, lots of snacks and meals, and well-stocked fridges.
We are a company almost exclusively consisting of programmers, so expect high engineering standards and lots of nerd humor.
We believe in selecting the correct technology to solve specific problems, so a desire to learn and adapt to new things is a must.
- Excellent communication skills
- A deep understanding of MVC frameworks
- Deep experience with PHP
- Deep experience with SQL
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with version control, preferably Git
- Experience with a ticketing system, such as JIRA or Trello
Nice to Have/Want to Learn
- Personal open-source projects
- Experience with React or Vue
- Experience working on applications with large user-bases, scalability, and architectural design
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with container services, such as Docker
- Experience with CI systems
- CSM and Certified Agile Developer training provided to all developers
- Yearly stipend to use on a cruise