Lead PHP Developer
We are looking for a lead developer with strong problem-solving and leaderships skills. Your job would include leading a team of 3–5 developers, helping to set priorities, and communicating with client leads. The work will be focused on Sourcetoad’s flagship product, but it would also involve working with other teams, ideas, and tooling.
Sourcetoad is not a cog-in-a-wheel kind of place. We are a mix of laid-back and professional, with space for flexible work schedules. We have tried to make this as nice of a place to work as possible, with top-of-the-line tools, lots of snacks and meals, and well-stocked fridges.
We are a company almost exclusively consisting of programmers, so expect high engineering standards (and lots of nerd humor). We believe in selecting the correct technology to solve specific problems, so a desire to learn and adapt to new things is a must.
PHP, SQL, MVC Frameworks, HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience running a team
- Excellent communication skills
- A deep understanding of MVC frameworks
- Deep experience with PHP
- Deep experience with SQL
- Deep experience with REST APIs
- Experience with version control, preferably Git
- Experience with a ticketing system, such as JIRA or Trello
Nice to Have/Want to Learn
- Personal open-source projects
- Experience with React or Vue
- Experience working on applications with large user-bases, scalability, and architectural design
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with container services, such as Docker
- Experience with CI systems