The 3-Week Onboard Software Security Analysis
The modern cruise ship, hotel, stadium, or casino is awash with technology. Interactive displays, mobile apps, wireless networks, and even open network ports can all be turned into vectors for attack. Infiltrations in these environments may not even be malicious. Curious, tech-savvy guests have been known to disrupt systems in order to get a faster internet connections, a free drink, or information on other guests.
Sourcetoad’s security engineers can help you find the weaknesses in guest- and staff-facing hospitality systems. From decompiling publicly available software, to analyzing network traffic, our team are able to create threat assessments that are understandable and actionable.
At the end of the third week, we will deliver a full report and presentation to you or your team.
The report will include:
- A full set of the tools and tactics used in the analysis
- Our findings, with threats assigned a high, medium, and low rating
- A set of potential fixes and suggestions
We will also make ourselves available to you and your team to assist in creating materials for presentations to your stakeholders.
- Week 1
- The initial kickoff meeting
- Outlining of your specific systems concerns
- Site visit scheduling and planning
- Week 2
- Potential travel (if required)
- Penetration testing, man-in-the-middle attack testing, application decompiling and analysis, or network testing (depending on the application/s)
- Week 3
- Report creation
- Report and presentation delivery